CHICAGO, IL [MW Diocese Communications] -- The Chicago Deanery will host its traditional series of Sunday evening services during Great Lent, which begins Monday, March 18, 2013.
Each service will begin at 6:00 p.m. and will feature a sermon on the Beatitudes, as recorded by Saint Luke. A lenten dinner and fellowship will follow each service.
- Sunday, March 31 — Vespers, Christ the Savior Church, 927 North LaSalle Boulevard, Chicago, IL (Priest Elijah Mueller, preaching)
- Sunday, April 7 — Vespers, St. Panteleimon Church, 7549 West 61st Place, Summit, IL (Archpriest Thomas Mueller, preaching)
- Sunday, April 14 — Vespers, St. Nicholas Church, 4313 18th Avenue, Kenosha, WI (Archpriest Alexander Kuchta, preaching)
- Sunday, April 21 — Vespers, St. Nicholas Church, 1018 Barber Lane, Joliet, IL (Archpriest Joseph Kopka, preaching)
- Palm Sunday, April 28 — Bridegroom Matins, Holy Trinity Cathedral, 1121 North Leavitt Street, Chicago, IL
In addition, it has been announced that the Chicago-area Sunday of Orthodoxy Pan-Orthodox Vespers will take place at Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral, 5701 Redwood Drive, Chicago, IL, on Saturday, March 23 at 6:30 p.m. Vespers for the Great Feast of the Annunciation will be celebrated.
A flyer can be found here.