“Taking Action with the Unchurched” topic of August 22 webinar
CHICAGO, IL [MW Diocese Communications] — “Inviting People to an Orthodox Church: The How and Why of Taking Action with the Unchurched” will be the theme of a one-hour webinar facilitated by Joseph Kormos, head of the Diocese of the Midwest’s Parish Development Ministry, at 8:00 p.m. EDT on August 22, 2012.
The webinar will follow up on an earlier webinar presented in July, in which over 80 individuals participated.
“In the earlier webinar, we focused on ‘defining the unchurched,’ noting that most of them are amenable to an invitation to come to church,” said Mr. Kormos. “In the August 22 webinar, we will tackle the practical issues of why, who, when, and how to invite people to church.”
Specific topics will include
- proper and improper motivations for extending invitations. What are the fundamental principles guiding how we view sharing our faith and spreading the Gospel?
- overcoming our personal barriers. What are the obstacles that keep us from inviting people to church?
- understanding the characteristics of those who have embraced Orthodox Christianity as adults.
- key tools and skills — the personal narrative, FAQ tune-up, listening, good questions, and more.
- tips for ‘how’ to extend invitations in differing parish situations.
To register for the webinar — space is limited, so early registration is suggested — log on to https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/456198656. Registrants will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions for joining the webinar. PC-based attendees will need Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server, while Macintosh®-based attendees will require Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer.