Chicago’s St. George Cathedral to hold annual patronal dinner
CHICAGO, IL [MW Diocese Communications] — Chicago-area faithful are warmly invited to join Archimandrite Vladimir and the members of Saint George Cathedral, 917 North Wood Street, Chicago, IL as they hold their annual dinner in honor of the Great Martyr George on Sunday, May 17, 2015.
Tickets may be purchased in advance for $25.00 for adults and $10.00 for children ages 6-12. Tickets purchased at the door are $30.00. Call 312-666-5179 to make reservations. Additional information may be found on the cathedral’s web site at www.saintgeorgecathedral.net.
Saint George parish was incorporated and moved to its current location in 1914. Replacing the original wooden structure, its beautiful temple was completed and consecrated in 1935. The cathedral’s striking iconostasis, installed in the 1950s, features iconographic reproductions of iconography originally found in Saint Vladimir’s Cathedral, Kiev, Ukraine. The parish received was designated a cathedral during the residence of Metropolitan Benjamin and Bishop Theodore of the Russian Orthodox Church in 1943-1946. The parish subsequently was received into the jurisdiction of the Orthodox Church in America.