Many parishes are in the midst of re-thinking their set of parish ministries. Identifying new needs and replacing activities that are no longer useful. If your parish is undertaking this exercise the following information from Holy Trinity Parish in Overland Park KS may be of interest to you.
We contacted Vicki Jones, Parish Council president at Holy Trinity. Vicki told us that the parish has organized its ministry groups into seven ministry areas:
- Liturgical Ministry – Choir, acolytes, church decoration, and communion bread
- Needs & Celebrations – Meals for those in need, kitchen operations, social hour, funeral meals, Annual sale, parish dinners, In reach for shut ins
- Building and Grounds – Cleaning, grounds, maintenance
- Communications – Publicity, Bulletin Board, Website, Events reporting, phone tree, pictorial directory, parish directory
- Outreach – Baby quilts, Archives, IOCC, charitable food kitchen & pantry, library, parish book store
- Youth and Young Adults – Youth group, Camp board
- Education – Church school, Catechumens & inquirers, Adult education, all parish education, vacation church school
The parish runs an annual ministries fair early in September of each year to explain the various ministries and encourage parishioners to sign up to take a role in a ministry that fits their talents and gifts. Each of the seven ministry areas has a table/booth describing the ministry and detailing specific needs for assistance in the coming year.
If you desire further info contact Joe Kormos and we’ll put you in touch with the persons in the parish with more information.