CHICAGO, IL [DOM] – The Diocese of the Midwest’s Chicago Deanery recently released its schedule of Sunday evening Lenten Vesper services for 2023.
Weekly homilies by deanery clergy will highlight the prophecies of the passion of Christ in the Old Testament. All services begin at 6:00 p.m. and are followed by fellowship and refreshments. The public is invited to attend.
- March 12, St. Nicholas Church, Kenosha, WI
Speaker: Archpriest John Jones Exodus 19: 10-19
- March 19, St. Nicholas Church, Joliet, IL
Speaker: Priest Anthony Saunders Deuteronomy 5: 12-15
- March 26, St. George Cathedral, Chicago, IL
Speaker: Priest Alexander Koranda Daniel 7: 9-22
- April 02, St. Elizabeth Church, Chesterton, IN
Speaker: Priest Nicholai Lochmatow Leviticus 16: 2-22
- April 09, Holy Trinity Cathedral, Chicago, IL
Speaker: Archbishop DANIEL Song of Songs 2: 8-13, 5: 4-9, 8: 4-7, 10-14