On behalf of the Diocese of the Midwest and under the direction of the Diocesan Hierarch, the Mission Committee guides and supports the development of new missions in the region. The Committee nurtures these new communities of faith and witness from small cores of people to their maturity as full parishes.
The Diocese currently has 11 missions, as well as two parishes which for unique reasons fall under the oversight of the Mission Committee:
- Christ the Saviour Church – Byesville, OH
- St. Makarios Mission – Chicago (Hyde Park), IL (website)
- SS. Peter and Paul Cathedral – Detroit, MI (website)
- Holy Resurrection Mission – Fargo, ND (website)
- Joy of All Who Sorrow Mission – Joplin, MO (website)
- St. Nicholas of Myra Mission – Lawrence, KS (website)
- St. Stephen the First Martyr Mission – Lima, OH (website)
- St. Nicholas Mission – Pella, IA (website)
- St. Raphael of Brooklyn Mission – Quincy, IL (website)
- Annunciation of the Virgin Mary Mission – Saint James, MO (website)
- St. Elizabeth the New Martyr Mission – Saint Paul, MN (website)
Deaneries, established parishes, and local groups are all encouraged to consider planting a mission in areas where there is no Orthodox presence.