St. Tikhon’s Seminary opens search for Director of Development
SOUTH CANAAN, PA [STOTS Communications] — Saint Tikhon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary here is now interviewing qualified people for the position of Director of Development. Those interested may send resume information to 178 St. Tikhon’s Rd. Waymart, PA 18472.
The job description reads as follows.
Position: Reporting to and in partnership with the Dean and Rector, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as St. Tikhon’s continues to evolve and grow. Depending on experience and availability, the position can be part time leading to full time. Director will have the opportunity to build development functionality in the institution.
- Develop and execute St. Tikhon’s Seminary’s annual fundraising plan.
- Develop and execute St. Tikhon’s Seminary’s periodic capital fundraising campaigns.
- Secure financial support from individuals, parishes, foundations and corporations, and others.
- Manage the implementation of fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual, parish, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Oversee organization of special events.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Work with Board Members for board development.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree in area related to development (a plus).
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers and development-related software.
- Ability to travel (especially weekends).
- Certified Fundraising Executive (e.g. Association of Fundraising Professionals) (preferred).
Salary commensurate with experience.