New York, NY [ACOB] –
The Year of the Youth celebrates youth’s presence and potential within the Church by celebrating and enhancing their God-given talents. The presence of Youth, as full members of the Body of Christ, is essential to the life of our communities. The Youth are our present and future. Our hope stems from a faith that is not only lived on a daily basis but is passed on from generation to generation, ensuring continuity in witnessing Christ’s love in the world. “He established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children; that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God but keep His commandments…” (Psalm 78:5-7).
Townhalls: Who do you say that I am? Explaining our Orthodox Christian Faith
Six Townhalls will be hosted virtually throughout the year, each in a different geographic region of the United States, connecting our youth and hierarchs. Townhalls will provide youth with opportunities: 1) to better know their hierarchs, and 2) to dialogue with their hierarchs about their spiritual lives. Below is a list of regions, dates, and times. Please register for the regional townhall for the region with which you identify. Each session is limited to 60 participants, and registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Registrants must be “children or teens” (18 years old or under). More information to come.
Which Townhall should I attend? How do I know which region I am in?
The simple answer is, feel free to attend whatever Townhall(s) you feel is your region! We left this vague on purpose, knowing it’s so difficult to divide us into geographical regions when jurisdictions define regions in different ways. For instance, is Pittsburgh in the Central East or Northeast? Is Chicago in the Central East or Central West? We did our best to ask hierarchs to attend the regional calls for the regions they tend to oversee, even though many of them oversee parishes in multiple regions. You may also check which Hierarchs will be attending each townhall. This may help you determine the best choice for you. So the simple answer is, we are leaving it up to you as to which region(s) you consider yourself in and which Townhall(s) you wish to attend! Hope you will join us!
|Southeast||POSTPONED – TBD||7:00-8:00pm EDT||Register|
|Central East||September 14, 2021||7:00-8:00pm CDT||Register|
|Central West||October 12, 2021||7:00-8:00pm CDT||Register|
|Northwest||November 9, 2021||7:00-8:00pm PST||Register|
|Southwest||December 14, 2021||7:00-8:00pm PST||Register|
Calendar of Events
– June 17, 2021 @ 7:00 PM EST – Youth Worker Webinar: Proactive Youth Formation
– August 19, 2021 @ 1:00 PM EST – Youth Worker Forum
– September 14, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EST – Camp Townhall
– September 14, 2021 @ 7:00 PM CST / 8:00 PM EST – AoB Year of Youth Townhall with Hierarchs: Central East
– September 21, 2021 @ 1:00 PM EST – Youth Worker Webinar: Raising Skillful Children
– October 12, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EST – Camp Townhall
– October 12, 2021 @ 7:00 PM CST – AoB Year of Youth Townhall with Hierarchs: Central West
– November 9, 2021 @ 12:00 PM EST – Camp Townhall
– November 9, 2021 @ 7:00 PM PST – AoB Year of Youth Townhall with Hierarchs: Northwest
– November 18, 2021 @ 7:00 PM EST – Youth Worker Forum
– December 14, 2021 @ 7:00 PM PST – AoB Year of Youth Townhall with Hierarchs: Southwest
– December 16, 2021 @ 7:00 PM EST – Youth Worker Webinar: Youth Formation – Who has the hearts and minds of our Youth?
Resources for Youth Workers